Monday, November 26, 2007

Reaper

Ok, so I'm siting at work reading a Sci-Fi magazine "Starlog". I htis issue they have articles about all the new TV shows out this year. One particular show caught my eye. I was shocked. I couldn't believe what I was reading. A TV show about the devil. Here is the first section of the article.

" ...He's unlike any devil that's ever been portrayed- in the sense he's more like your next door neighbor, explains Wise."

" He's kind of nice, easy going fellow, very amiable, a good sense of humor, the sort of guy you feel comfortable with, " he notes. " And I think that's important. The whole idea of a fire and brimstone Devil doesn't appeal to me; it's to obvious. This character can really con you into doing just about anything he wants you to do. What we're shooting for is a Devil who isn't easily defined- one who is all over the board, and free to be and show whatever he chooses to be."

Wow, did they describe the devil to a tee or what. The bad thing is, I'm not sure if they even realize it or not. Satan is all over this show. Oh how he would love for it to become a great hit. Well I hope it's a great big flop. The preacher talks often about how Satan has his hand all over this world and this show is a perfect example.

We ourselves need to never forget that the devil is real. He is the master of deception. I pray for the people involved in this show and also for the people watching it.

2 comments:

cookin4God said...

Just like tonight, the kids and I were watching the Polar Express, a commercial came on advertising another Christmas movie, and the girl used, well, not profanity, but a word that we don't think sounds very nice for our household. WELL, my eight year old pointed out that, "Man, that looked like a good movie too, but did you hear what that girl said??" We have to be SOOOO careful and make good decisions about the kind of shows that we allow to enter into our homes etc.. Keep up the strength! Love ya girl!

Anonymous said...

When ya gonna start blogging again?