Wednesday, August 22, 2007

It's potty time!

So, I went to pick up my kids from daycare Monday and I was told my oldest Katie had moved up to the Older Two's class; which means it's time to potty train. Yikes! At first I was excited, but then I thought about our first potty training experience a few months ago.

Before Katie & Aden starting attending the awesome daycare their in now, they attended another not so great one. When Katie turned two they demanded I start potty training right then. They told me to put her in regular panties and skip pull-ups. Being the young nice mother I am, I went along with it. But, it was a disaster!!! At first Katie loved going to the potty (though she only really used it once or twice), then all of a sudden she started crying every time.I felt like I was torturing my child every time I sat her on the potty. She just wasn't ready. But, the daycare insisted I stick with it. I finally told them no, I was not going not to continue with process at this time.

It wasn't long before we switched daycares. One of the first questions I asked was how they potty trained. They told me it would be when Katie's ready and I say it's OK . Praise the Lord!! A daycare where I'm in charge. So, it's only been a few days, but things are going great. Katie loves her big girl panties (pull-up's) and now she willing sits on the potty when I take her. I pray that this will be a short process. I encourage all mom's out there to not let others tell you what is right for your child like I did, but listen to you gut when you know somethings wrong.

1 comment:

cookin4God said...

Whoo hoo!! Big girl panties!! I can already see a new budget being worked on!! I am excited for Katie!! Thankful you are happy for the great preschool she's in now!